Canadian Voice

Canadian Voice
Beaver

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Devil Card 5 "Jaiko" June 14 ~ June 20

Today we started this week's story about how Jaiko got so fat.  We will watch and talk about a girl who likes to eat.  We will also look at:

Page 81 of the textbook ~ So. too, neither, either
助動詞は、soやneitherとともに使うこともある。

*"I'm tired." "So am I."  (I'm tired,too.) (疲れた-私も疲れた)
*"I never read newspapers."  "Neither do I." (= I never read newspapers either.)
(私、新聞は読まないの-私も読まないわ)

*Chris doesn't have a car, and neither does William.
クリスは車がないし、ウイリアムも持っていない)

soやneitherのあとでは、助動詞が主語の前にくることに気をつけよう。
*I passed the Eiken pre 1st grade exam ,and so did Ayako.  [ X so Ayako did]

neitherの代わりに not either を使うこともできる。
*"I don't have any money." "Neither do I." = "I don't either."

Verb + to + どうし
Learn + to + どうし
She learned to dance.

Decide + to + どうし
She decided to quit ballet.

Ballet
What are some of the benefits of studying ballet?
What could be a negative result of doing too much ballet?

Worry / Worry about
What is something that you worry about?

Have to / Don't have to

*You don't have to come tomorrow.
*You don't have to worry.
*You don't have to worry about what you eat.
*You don't have to worry about your weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment