Canadian Voice

Canadian Voice
Beaver

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Devil Card 4 ~ June 7 ~ June 13

We will go back into the "Devil Card" story and see Nobi.  He is still walking around looking for a way to get money.

Comic Books
Do you like comic books?
What is your favourite comic book?
What is it about?
Why do you like it?

I  wonder if...(...かな・かしら・だろうか)
eg...
I wonder if there is something in the closet.
I wonder if Chris has time on Monday.
I wonder if you will come to class next week.
I wonder if he will do his homework.

Get + adjective = a change in condition or state
It is warm.                          I am engaged.                        I am thin.
It is getting cooler.              I am getting married.               I am gettting fat.
It is cool.                            I am married.                         I am fat.

On?=inside surface location
on the floor
on the wall
on the stairs
on the window
on the ceiling
on the 1st floor
on the 2nd floor


Have to (~しなければならない)/
Don't have to (~しなくてもいい)
What do you have?
What do you have to do?
I have to go back home. (家にかえらなければならない)
I don' t have to go back home.  (家にかえらなくてもいい)

You have to run away. (あなたはにげなければならない)
You don't have to run away. (あなたはにげなくてもいい)
You don't have to worry. (あなたはしんぱいしなくてもいい)

For the 1st time in a long time (ひさしぶりに)
I spoke in English for the 1st time in a long time.
I met my boyfriend for the 1st time in a long time.
I had a date for the 1st time in a long time.

For the 1st time in a week (いっしゅうかんぶりに)
I spoke in English for the 1st time in a week.
I met my boyfriend for the 1st time in a week.
I had a date for the 1st time in a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment