Canadian Voice

Canadian Voice
Beaver

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hockey playoffs are coming....GO CANUCKS!

Hockey is one of 2 of Canada’s national sports and the most popular spectator (かんきゃく) sport in the country.  It is also the sport most played by Canadians, with 1.65 million participants (さんかしゃ) reported in 2004.  

7 cities in Canada have teams in the National Hockey League (NHL), they are Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg. 

Vancouver’s team is called the Vancouver Canucks.  And they play at the Roger's Arena downtown.



And…Since my hometown is Vancouver, I have been a Canuck’s fan since I was in elementary school.  When I was young, I used to love to listen to the games on the radio while I did my homework.

After I came to Japan, I really missed hockey.  I could only watch 1 game a year … usually when I went back home to Vancouver at Christmas time.




But now… I can follow the games on the internet and the playoffs are about to begin.  I am really looking forward to watching them... Vancouver will play Los Angeles in the 1st round. 


GO CANUCKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment