Canadian Voice

Canadian Voice
Beaver

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My battle with "草”..."Weeds"...

During the summer vacation....it rained a lot.

And....Every time it rained, new weeds appeared in the garden and parking lot at Canadian Voice.
So... Almost every day during the summer vacation I went outside to pull weeds (草取り)

I had a tough time pulling out the weeds that were between the bricks.

But...Last weekend... A student recommended that I buy needle nose pliers (ピンチ) from Watahan.

What a great idea....!!!

I couldn't wait to try them.

And... .Last Sunday I kicked some ass with those pliers...


Take a look!  The pliers fit nicely between the bricks...


I just grabbed the weed....and....


Voila!! Sayonara weed!


Once I started I couldn't stop...Ayako sensei and I pulled a lot of weeds that day...
Just take a look at the nice, clean bricks and the garbage bag next to Ayako...


I was feeling really happy but...

Just before we finished... it started to rain again... and so I guess when I come back on Wednesday the parking lot will be covered in weeds again...

No comments:

Post a Comment