Canadian Voice

Canadian Voice
Beaver

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day...

Well...Today was Valentine's Day...How many chocolates did you get? 

A handmade chocolate and a note from Senri....
Thanks Senri!
Senri said "Chris sensei のチョコはいちばん豪華"


Thank you to all the student's who gave me something today .... I am glad that you remembered me....

After most students gave me chocolates today they said right away… 


“kore wa giri dayo!” “honmei ja nai yo!”….  



So… I have to remember not to get too excited when I get chocolates from Japanese girls on Valentine’s Day…

The "Giri-choko” are obligation chocolates.

"Giri-choko" is the chocolate given to men such as bosses, co-workers, friends, OR TEACHERS that women have NO romantic interest in.  The women give them just to show their friendship or appreciation.

 Thank you for teaching us English Chris = "giri choco"


The concept of “giri” is very Japanese.

Japanese people feel that if someone does something for you, then you should do something for that person.

I guess it is like “give and take”?

Which mean$ I have to give candie$ to girls who gave candie$ to mean today…..


$$$$$Expensive!$$$$$

But....I guess on the positive side…. Since I get less and less chocolate....Valentine’s Day is getting cheaper and cheaper for me every year!

I'm so happy?


The chocolates that I would like to get (one day) are "Honmei-choko."

"Honmei-choko" are the “true love" chocolates.

Women give "Honmei-choko" chocolates to the person that they like or love.


Does that mean that nobody loves me…How depressing!


Well…I guess I will have to wait another year to see if I will get any "True Love Chocolates" …….

"来年かな?”


A handmade chocolate and a note from Kurumi....
Thanks Kurumi!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment