Canadian Voice

Canadian Voice
Beaver

Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas is finally coming....I can't wait!  I am looking forward to going back home and spending time with my family. 
Ayako sensei wih my mom...

Chris sensei wih his dad....


While I am in Vancouver....There are lots of things that I would like to do...
1) I want to walk around downtown Vancouver while enjoying a cup of hot coffee from Starbucks. 
2) I want to go shopping for some games for kids.
3) I want to hang out at the public library.
4) I want to eat a hotdog at Orange Julius.

a hotdog from Orange Julius

5) I want to go shopping and eat a hotdog at Costco.
6) I want to see Christmas lights around the city.
7) I want to visit some friends...LEO SENSEI!


8)  I want to go shopipng on Robson Street

A nice lady took our picture... Good job!  You cut off our heads!

9) I want to see a Vancouver Canucks Hockey Game



How about a few questions for you to think about ....
1.            “oiwai suru” ~ celebrate~celebrated

celebration

2.            Do Japanese people celebrate Christmas in Japan?


3.  How do Japanese people celebrate Christmas?

Cake

*Japanese people  eat cake.

What kind of cake do Japanese people eat at Christmas?

We eat _____ cake.

 
When are you supposed to eat the cake?

You are supposed to eat cake on ________



Tree

We put up Christmas trees.

Where can you buy a Christmas tree in Japan?

You can buy a Christmas tree at______________



How about you?  Do you have a Christmas tree at your house?


Is the tree at your house real or is it fake?

It is __________


How big is it?


Have you put it up yet?


When are you going to put it up?


Where you do put your Christmas tree?

“kazaru” ~ decorate ~ decorated

“kazari mono” ~ decorations

After you put up a Christmas tree, who decorates it?

____________ decorates the tree.



Presents
Do Japnaese people exchange presents at Christmas?

When do Japanese people exchange presents?

We exchange presents on__________



Where do Japanese parents put Christmas presents for kids?
They put the presents under the Christmas tree.
They put the presents by the pillow of kids.


And….When are kids supposed to open their parents?

They are supposed to open them on ___________


3.     OK….How about last Christmas?   What did you do?

4.   This Christmas, who would you like to be with on Christmas?


 I found a couple of Christmas pictures from the seventies....I was only 1 or 2 years old at the time....take a look...What did I get for Christmas?  It looks like a lot of Star Wars stuff....I even seem to have changed my pajamas....





Anyways...Merry Christmas Everyone!

The Canadian Voice Christmas Vacation will be from

December 21st ~ Janurary 3rd.

So...There will be NO class on December 21st...

There WILL be class on January 4th....


No comments:

Post a Comment